Tuesday, July 05, 2005

GRE scores, lawn darts, house painting and driving a stick.

Hmm. After the oh-so-succinct summary of the past two days that I have given in the title of this post, I feel as if I have nothing to actually write. Meh. I'll elaborate. So, yesterday, after a full day of prep work for the first day of the summer rec program (which was today) I went to do some more painting at John's place then had a couple beers and some dinner at Montana's. All in all, a fun-filled day. To top it off, when I got home and checked my mail, I had finally received my GRE subject test scores. YAY!!!! And the people rejoiced. At least, I did. So I opened them. And I saw that they were good. At least, I think they are. I'm sure I'll find out when I try to use them to get into grad school.
Today was DAY 1 of the summer rec program at work: THE BBQ!!!!! Basically, the day consisted of: running the lawn darts event, standing in the rain, getting soaked standing in the POURING rain, getting a brief orientation at the other facility on the campus, helping with a BBQ while standing in the rain, then getting a sunburn running the lawn darts event. Not in the rain. Oh yeah, and I jumped in the bouncy castle. THEN, I went and did some more housepainting at John's until we decided that it was time I learned how to drive a standard. Which, apparently I have some sort of mental block for, because I just CAN'T get it. Oh well. He told me that I was thinking too much; that I was too smart to learn to drive stick. I told him, "I know you're humouring me, but thanks." Oh well, driving lesson #2 tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes. So, that's pretty much it. I'm sitting here now, still covered in paint, about to plan my music activities for the rest of the week ( and by rest of the week I mean tomorrow and Thursday; that's right, get a three day weekend EVERY WEEK ;) I need to figure out from someone how to add links to other people's blogs on my site so that I can add Paul and Kristen and Courtney and Genevieve and anyone else who would like their affiliation with me to be essentially a matter of public record. Anyone?......Anyone?......Bueller.......Sorry. Well, off to plan some activities, watch some CSI showcase style and get some sleep.

1 comment:

thisboyzlife said...

......bueller....?



I'll set you up with the links one day.
I think they made it easier at some point, I know the HTML code and went into my template and added them, but I think they've got something on here.
I'll investigate and let you know.


for the linking, that is...






























....Bueller?